Sunday, February 10, 2008

Analysis Paper Prewrite

I enjoyed Johnson’s chapter 6 What It All Has to Do With Us and how it showed that we need to take action for social stereotype changes that are going on throughout the world. My main goal of the analysis paper would be to show how I support the author’s argument by bringing in other examples that may be applied using his theory. Some of the examples, I hoping, will come from some historical events. I am not sure where I would take that topic. I don’t know how I would analyze that chapter. I think I would end up just restating the main ideas and agreeing with it.

Another idea would deal with what I feel is a major focus for the first few readings regarding the want of power and privilege and the effects that is has had on racial issues. I agree that wealth and power both played a large roll as how racism emerged for the Native Americans and the Africans Americans. If I choose this topic, I would focus on Zinn Chapter 2 Drawing the Color Line. This chapter would give me a reference regarding the origins of black racism and slaver and its correlation to money and power. With this topic, I could also bring in Johnson Chapter 3 Capitalism, Class and the Matrix of Domination, which heavily focuses on capitalism as the source of racism.

No comments: